pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] How do we want to define locales?

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] How do we want to define locales?
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 22:55:18 -0700

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

Chad Knepp wrote:

The USDA Zone 1-10 is basically only an indicator of minimum winter
temperature which falls into my climate category. Personally, I think
Lat/Long + extesive climate info (max/min temperatures quarterly,
rainfall quarterly or monthly, humidity?, others?) would be the
simplest...

With global climate change (global warming) climatic zone boundaries may
shift. Do the USDA or NOAA track this?