pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] attributes

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] attributes
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:41:58 +0000

Aloha,

I think that if it is deemed desirable to have this sort of data in the
PIW ... then the database and
interface should be structured to allow entry of this data directly
into the appropriate fields of the database.

Absolutely. Problematic to da max to "suck in" data from something as freeform as a wiki page.

Need well-structured web forms for direct data contribution to permaculture.info.

If people want to contribute, get it straight in.

Especially
since if PIW supports this level of data entry then the interface would
be functionally very similar to a wiki!

No, much more like a highly structured web form. Wikis are very loosely structured.
No need to duplicate the structure in a wiki if we already have it for direct input into permaculture.info.

If someone wants to they can, of course but IMO it's not even close to a priority at this point.