pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] attributes

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] attributes
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 21:49:49 +0000

Aloha,

o Max height at 20 years (LS)

The number 20 would need to be particular to the plant in question, yes?

I don't see much point in it otherwise. Some plants will still be saplings at 20 years and some will have already been born, lived a full life and died...

Fertility range

What would be used to specify 'fertility range'?

o Tolerates adverse (conditions)

e.g.:
Salt
Wind
Drought
Flood
Range of precip over and under optimal
"wet feet" (or maybe this is covered by the moisture attribute somehow?)

o alleopath

Would need to be specific enough to be PC-useful - just Yes or No would not be good enough...what does it suppress, what does it not suppress?

> > How do people feel about preserving reference information (links
> > to books)... and/or references to other sites?

Would be good to keep both. I agree if I don't have the book no use, but someone else might, the library might, etc.