pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] QA & Testing section started on wiki

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] QA & Testing section started on wiki
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:44:16 -0700

John Schinnerer wrote:

Aloha,

If as I now hear some saying we are going to ditch the current wiki,

Where did you hear that, John?

and/or what we will use for shared workspace is up in the air for time unknown, then I will not spend any more time putting documents up on the current wiki site.

Its there to be used. Where else would you put that info? In the list?

It's a pain anyhow, I have to reformat them manually - the wiki can't even render plain ascii text correctly, it drops line breaks and so on. :-p

Tell that to the PHPWiki authors in their development mailing list.
They'd really love hearing your comments. I am using an older version of
PHPWiki,
newer ones are much better.

FYI, "wikiwiki" really is a Hawaiian word, it means roughly "quick" - and I've yet to see a wiki that deserves the name.

They are plenty fast enough to be useful.

Or maybe, since they're all called "wiki" instead of "wikiwiki" they're behaving as they ought. Perhaps I will try and find out if "wiki" means anything at all in Hawaiian... :-/

Do that, John; we need to know.
Can't have any misconceptions about wikis.