nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Passiflora seed collecting

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Passiflora seed collecting
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 14:00:03 -0700

Thanks, Lon!  I do still sometimes root some passiflora, and I had also found that early in the season is best – necessary, I think.   I hadn’t come across the sustained heat trick with the seeds; the one I kept reading was to soak the dried seeds 24 hours in passionfruit juice, or oj if not available.

~ Stephen