nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Passiflora seed collecting

  • From: "Brungardt, Sam" <Sam.Brungardt@state.mn.us>
  • To: "Hector Black" <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>, <Hilborn.e@epamail.epa.gov>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Passiflora seed collecting
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 11:42:15 -0500

Betsy, see
http://grow.ars-informatica.ca/plant.php?L=640&nm=Passiflora%20incarnata
for propagation information. Seems as though you want to propagate the
plant with the desirable fruit asexually (cuttings); seedlings may not
share the fine fruit quality of the seed parent.
-- Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn., where the days are getting cooler and
the 'maters and redcaps are ripening ever more slowlyIf you really want
to increase this