nafex - Re: [NAFEX] test bulletin board

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87@frontiernet.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] test bulletin board
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 19:53:27 -0500

On Feb 17, 2008, at 7:06 PM, Robert Mullins wrote:

I put a reply in for you. But I'm not putting it in the email list. :)

-rob

I posted in both places specifically because I was trying not to leave people out of the conversation. For those who want to see it anyway but don't want to deal with the board site, what he said was:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Better than email in a number of ways.

1. All the information is searchable and provides a quick reference repository.

2. Knowledge is preserved, on a longer term level, so if I forget something Lon Rombaugh said about grapes, it is here rather than storing it in my personal email inbox.

3. Information is dealt with on a 'I want to know this' level. In an email list I have to read a paragraph or two of words un-important to me before I know to hit the 'delete' button.

4. Information is subdivided automatically into semi-pertinent groupings. Several forum channels can be created for; Apples, Pears, Prunes, Grapes, etc, etc so I can find information faster.

5. We have a living, breathing recorded history of your knowledge and wisdom. Right now it is definitely NOT that. If somebody passes on to that great orchard in the sky, all of their sound, sage advice is still preserved right here.

Plus we have these COOL smiley things!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now c'mon you gotta love that!! Razz Razz Razz Razz