nafex - [NAFEX] ikonboard, a better solution to a listserver

  • From: "rooting" <rooting@hortus.com>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] ikonboard, a better solution to a listserver
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 19:09:23 -0500

Having read several comments about the listserver which NAFEX uses, the current technology used by NAFEX is antique. The most groups do not use e-mail for delivery. Rather they have a current flow of information by topic using a board typically used by blogs.

Off topic, I have contributed to and frequently visit the mandolincafe
Mandolincafe is a specialty 'group' of people interested in playing the mandolin. Soon they will have their 500,000th posting.

I suggest that the NAFEX webmaster(s) take a look at Mandolincafe which uses a free program from
This program can be used on the http://nafex.org server