nafex - Re: [NAFEX] test bulletin board

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] test bulletin board
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 13:06:47 -0600

I cannot read this with my oldish eyes; background tooooo dark.

I have this problem, too. My eyes aren't THAT bad, but younger folks often design websites that are hard for me to read. I'm sure they just don't realize the problem, but they will when they get older. You need a lot of contrast, and you need to make sure that we can enlarge the typeface without garbling the page.

I didn't log in, so I'm not sure about the large type situation. But I think you need to increase the contrast even more. I'm glad you didn't use a 'busy' background, because those are especially bad. But if it's a choice between looking pretty and being easy to read, I know which I'd choose.

Also, could I ask about the advantages of a bulletin board over our current system? I like getting - and replying to - emails, though many bulletin boards preserve that feature. And I belong to a lot of Yahoo Groups, which can be accessed on-site or by email. I'm just wondering what the advantage would be in changing our current email list.

Thanks,

Bill

--
As a longtime attorney at the U.S. Department of Justice, I can honestly say that I have never been as ashamed of the department and government that I serve as I am at this time. - John S.Koppel