nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Getting the word out WAS Re: NNGA membership declines

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Getting the word out WAS Re: NNGA membership declines
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 09:42:23 -0500

You might prefer to spend this time with your trees and say "Oh, I will do it next
week" until it is too late...

I'm sure no one else here has this problem, but... I'm a procrastinator. Yes, I'll admit it. If I get a renewal reminder by email, where I can just click on a link to renew by credit card or Paypal, then I usually do it right away. If I get a bill in the mail, I tend to let it age a bit. :-) And sometimes,... sometimes, it just sits there long enough that my subscription expires, or I decide that I can do without that particular organization, after all. I've got a lot of demands on my attention and my money - there are a LOT of organizations out there, you know - so it never hurts to thin things down a bit. But those that DON'T get "thinned down" tend to be those that make renewal - and joining in the first place - particularly easy.

I'm sure most people aren't as lazy as me, and maybe you don't want those people as members, anyway. Up to you, of course. But if you're worried about declining membership, then maybe catering to us procrastinators might help a bit. Our money spends, too,... if you can pry it from our fingers. :-D

Bill

--
The story of a theory's failure often strikes readers as sad and unsatisfying. Since science thrives on self-correction, we who practice this most challenging of human arts do not share such a feeling. - Stephen Jay Gould