nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Getting the word out

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Getting the word out
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 09:16:53 -0500

Would you consider the case of making articles from Pomona (which is for
members) a part of the website available only to members?

Sure, that would be reasonable. Just keep in mind that there's a LOT of free information on the Internet - more than most people have time to read, in fact. It's notoriously hard to get people to pay for additional content on-line. Heck, I resist it myself. I really think that most people won't join NAFEX in order to get this premium content on the website. Instead, they'll join NAFEX because they've become interested and they've found helpful people and useful information, so they just feel that they SHOULD join, in order to support the organization.

That's normally my motivation, anyway, for joining groups like this. It's certainly not for additional reading material.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
Secrecy is the freedom tyrants dream of. - Bill Moyers