nafex - Re: [NAFEX] can I graft apple to pear or hawthorn?

  • From: "Richard O'Barr" <aatopgunaa@mindspring.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] can I graft apple to pear or hawthorn?
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 18:34:02 -0600

Del:
The manure is a good start but to insure all elements are present you
should add a complete fertilizer that contains trace elements, such as 8-8-8
plus trace, plus magnesium sulphate and then lime for the calcium. Then you
should be in business if the manure is not too strong and ties up the zinc
and copper as it does for pecan. I worked on plant nutrition for quite a
number of years so when in doubt I add everything as I mentioned. Good luck.
Any unusual growth symptoms on the leaves?
Topgun