nafex - Re: [NAFEX] can I graft apple to pear or hawthorn?

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] can I graft apple to pear or hawthorn?
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 15:20:01 -0800

Title: Re: [NAFEX] can I graft apple to pear or hawthorn?
The experiment was done at Oregon State U.  They grafted Winter Banana apple on M27 and used Old Home interestem on that.  Asian pears were grafted on the Old Home interstem.  The trees made very nice, productive dwarfs.  I think they were pulled out after 6 years of bearing, the point having been proven.