nafex - Re: [NAFEX] can I graft apple to pear or hawthorn?

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] can I graft apple to pear or hawthorn?
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 15:16:46 +0000

My experience with grafting on different species within the same genus are with pears on apple, amelanchier and hawthorn
I now consider such grafts only as a temporary home for
varieties.
Claude, Quebec.

This is one of the reasons I started grafting on wild stock, but have now quit using wild stock as a 'scion bank' out of uneducated concern that future use of scion wood from them could introduce wild virus' etc. into my orchard. Eventually I might pass such onto others if I gave away scion wood. A legit concern? Del

MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail