msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] more on CAP from Dana

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Lois Guyon <laguyon2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] more on CAP from Dana
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 14:56:20 -0700 (PDT)

Dana,

You mentioned ear plugs. I took my horse to do some crowd control where
27,000 motorcycles were coming into a small town. I thought the noise of so
many motors might be too much for her ,so I got some foam ear plugs. My MSAR
friend, Ruth, also bought some. They arrived the day before the event, and I
did not have time to try them out. Ruth said she was not going to try them
without using them at home first. At the event I put the plugs in my mare's
ears. I was needed at my station. Prior to my mounting she shook her head
and the ear plugs went flying to the ground. I threw them into the truck and
headed off to deal with the motorcycles. She did fine, as did Ruth's horse,
with the noise, but I do think there will be a time when she might benefit by
using them. Are there ear pub types that work better than others? Might
mine have been too big? I have not tried them again but see I need to
experiment.

Lois

Sneak preview the all-new Yahoo.com. It's not radically different. Just
radically better.