msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Minors as members

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "John Neff" <neffj@msn.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Minors as members
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 20:44:25 -0700

Yes ESAR is Explorer SAR. Most of the youth attending the SAR conference are
not attending with their families, most are attending with the adult leaders
of their particular ESAR post. It is also interesting to note that the
officers are all youth and most of the field and team leaders are also youth.
Those young people are so strong and so knowledgeable! Actually when the
schools started to not excuse youth from school for missions about 6 years
ago, the searches during the week usually only had about 5-6 attending versus
20 -30 previous. Most law enforcement agencies schedule their evidence
searches for weekends and vacations so they have help. These missions
include looking for murder victims. As I said in my earlier post there is
wonderful support from local and state agencies for post traumatic stress
(PTS) debriefing and support. Our state is self insured on all training and
missions as long as the unit has a mission number.
Faye
NEWMSAR