msar-riders - [MSAR] Networking via MSAR-Riders

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Networking via MSAR-Riders
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 09:38:34 -0600

Tracy Helget wrote:
>I am in northeast Kansas (near Manhattan), and have been interested
>in joining/starting an MSAR unit, but until now have not known of
>any close.

I cannot stress enough the importance of more lurkers here speaking
up! To make any contact at all, someone has to be the first to make
themsevles known. So, speak up! Tell us who you are, where you
are, where you are in development of your training and operational
status, and what your needs are.

>I did make contact with the Wichita mounted police a year or so ago
>and received absolutely no interest in helping/directing me.

That's normal. Mounted police and MSAR don't have much in common,
beyond the requirement of a horse with a good mind and experience.

>Saline County is close enough I could perhaps get some experience/
>training with them.

Yay! I hope so!