msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR in Kansas, training in Illinois

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "LAURI STRUVE" <lstruve@msn.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR in Kansas, training in Illinois
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 05:27:07 -0500

Dana, about half the distance in the middle of MO, but my old unit at Osage Beach may be able to help you out with training. www.obsar.org.

Lauri Struve
http://northeastiahoofbeat.blogspot.com/

**With enough will power and duct tape you CAN lead a horse to water AND make him drink!**

From: ALLEN SNYDER <allendana1@sbcglobal.net>
To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 22:13:38 -0700 (PDT)

Una and all, I am just beginning to look into the feasibility and try to build a unit, but understand it will be a big job and take possibly a couple of years! Yes, the only MSAR I have found is several hours away in Saline County and I have emailed them to try and connect. I also learned that the Kansas City Missouri Police Dept. reinstated their mounted unit last weekend, so I may be able to learn from them. I don't know if the state line will be a barrier or not.

I am a little overwhelmed by all the information and what I should learn before participating, but MSAR seems to be a very helpful and informative group. The basic training we are required to do SAR with Civil Air Patrol is Emergency Services. I hope to complete CISM in Sept. at a nearby Air Force base. Thanks for all your help. Dana

Una Smith <una.smith@att.net> wrote:
Dana Snyder wrote:
>Lois,
[...]
> When you can, please let me know if auxiliary Airforce (CAP) can
>be included in the Sept. MSAR training in Illinois. Thanks! 1st
>Lt. Dana Snyder RN, CAP New Century Composite Squadron, Gardner, Kansas

Hi Dana,

I am not Lois but I can tell you: Yes, you are welcome to attend
Henry County's MSAR training. Or any other training event listed
on http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/events/ .

Yours is only the second MSAR team/unit I know of in Kansas. The
first is Saline County Sheriff's Mounted Patrol & Rescue Squad
(http://salinesheriff.org/ ; in the left menu see "Mounted Patrol
& Rescue"). Do you know of others?

Does your squadron have a web page? If not, please post an intro
to MSAR-Riders. I will add a link to the MSAR units directory,
http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/units/#Kansas .

Thanks,