msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR in Kansas, training in Illinois

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Ron & Tracy Helget" <helget@wamego.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR in Kansas, training in Illinois
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 05:59:44 -0500

I am in northeast Kansas (near Manhattan), and have been interested in
joining/starting an MSAR unit, but until now have not known of any close. I
did make contact with the Wichita mounted police a year or so ago and
received absolutely no interest in helping/directing me.

Saline County is close enough I could perhaps get some experience/training
with them. I will be checking out the websites listed.

Thanks so much!

Tracy Helget
Olsburg, KS