msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Expectations for MSAR?

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una@lanl.gov>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Expectations for MSAR?
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:31:32 -0600

Tomï wrote:
>However with the NASAR MSAR
>Standards Committee having such a strong South Western influence, I
>simply have concerns for those without a voice in other regions of
>this Country.

FWIW, at this point NASAR has close to no presence here in
New Mexico, where we have our own defined basic SAR standard
and no-fee testing system (the PACE Certification exam).

I'd like to know who is on NASAR's MSAR Standards Committee.

Like Tomï, I don't mean to offend anyone, although I do mean
to take that risk. It is important that someone here voices
the concerns that many of us may share.

Una Smith
Santa Fe County Sheriff's Posse, in New Mexico