msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Limited Expectations for MSAR?

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: bonnie elster <elster530@yahoo.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Limited Expectations for MSAR?
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:25:18 -0700 (PDT)

Actually both. The academy is Fri night, Sat & Sun annually. We have training almost weekly Thurs nites & frequently on Sat. As you all know there is soooooo much to cover.
The academy is divided into beginners & the rest of us so everyone has something to look forward to.

From: "bonnie elster"
> In Nevada County, all SAR members must attend the
> academy which covers basics & other training events.
> Mounted, dog, ATV etc are in addition to being a
> 'groundpounder'. We are fortunate to have an annual
> mounted SAREX sponsored by 1 of the 4 participating
> counties. It's good to hear we're on the right track.

Definitely on the right track, Bonnie. How does your SAR academy system
work? Several full training weekends that cover multiple subjects, or
periodic training throughout the year, or ???

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare Co, CA
SAR, MSAR, Swiftwater Rescue, US&R,