market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Road's End Farm website

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Road's End Farm website
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 21:41:30 -0400

Thanks, all, for the feedback!

Yes, we're definitely planning on more pictures; we have to take a lot of them first, as we only recently got a suitable camera. We'll probably add some recipes, too.

To those suggesting we add directions and maps: we think it might be better not to in our case, as it usually works better for us if onfarm customers contact us first; otherwise people show up to find nobody home, or that all the produce is out in the field and they need to wait while we trot around harvesting; we don't have set hours for customers, and while there's sometimes a good selection in the packing shed, there isn't always. People do just Google us and show up, of course; we generally manage to work with this when they do. But for now I think we'll leave it with the info on the home page and on the contact page, which should let people know what area we're in.

Directions and maps for the farmers' markets might be a nice touch, though.

Good to hear that this is coming through all right on a variety of systems -- if anyone is having trouble getting the site to work, please do let us know.