market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Road's End Farm website

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer AT outlands.ca>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Road's End Farm website
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 13:13:58 -0400

On 10-06-03 12:34 PM, hmgrant77 AT cs.com wrote:

> I like your site a lot- easy to use and not cluttered. I agree with
> Bill's comment about using more photos. Is wordpress a free type of
> website system? I'm looking into a website for our farm as well. Thanks,

It's a free blog hosting services. A blog is like a website, except the
concept is to have "post" or "article" published on the frontpage on a
regular basis, instead of only static content. The mindset when running
a blog is different then maintaining a static website. A blog is
something you build over time, adding content in small chunk, with a
fairly small upfront investment in term of time and resource. A static
web site is something you do (or, more likely, get done) once and mostly
leave alone.

The nice thing about Wordpress is that it allows to combine blog article
and static content.

I see lots of farmer are using blogs (and mostly Wordpress) because it
is easy and fast to add content and news article. I think it fits the
needs of farmer, broadcasting punctual information, very well.