market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] broccoli raab

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] broccoli raab
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 09:18:13 -0800

Raab is best grown as you would grow mustard greens. Don't grow it as
broccoli. In NJ farmers seed it in late October into early November and over
wintered to harvest ASAP. usually before April. A day or two over 70 degrees
will cause Raab to bolt. Its a plant that definately wants cool weather start
to finish... Bob.