market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] What if?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] What if?
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 18:31:33 -0500

I hear that in Flordia strawberry fields they have huge pieces of plasitc mulch, that basically cover the whole field. Haven't seen it, but it sounds appealing in some ways. Much as I don't like plastic, the soil underneath is nicer than the exposed soil.

Beth Spaugh
Rehoboth Homestead, Peru, NY
Farm Fresh Food Club CSA - http://rhomestead.com
Become a Fan of Rehoboth Homestead on Facebook

Garden fresh vegetables, organically grown, and pastured chicken, duck, and geese

"How we eat determines, to a considerable extent, how the world is used." - Wendell Berry

"Without power over our food, any notion of democracy is empty." - Frances Moore Lappe