market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] wood chips

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht AT txcyber.com>
  • To: farmersue AT myfairpoint.net, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] wood chips
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:52:18 -0600

Greetings,
That is what I use. Mine are a mixture of hard and soft wood, as they age, they eventually get dumped on the top of the bed, under the landscape fabric and new ones put on. Tomatoes like the soil on the acid side.
Bright Blessings,
Kim

Sue Wells wrote:
Are wood chips a good mulch for around tomatoes, peppers, etc? I am thinking
of getting a DR woodchipper. We have too many branches and hope this will be
good to use. Thank you. Sue
Vermont