market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Raccoon Bait

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Raccoon Bait
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 08:44:28 -0400

Marie

I think this has already been answered.  If you have more questions please feel free to ask and I will answer.  I do not know if it works on foxes.  I tend to be highly protective of predators, even if they have a taste for chickens.

Part of the problem is the LACK of predators, especially small predators like coyotes and fox.  They help cull the local population of sick animals and an over abundance of young, including deer and turkeys (which will wreck grapes).

I guess its all about what you grow.

I would also like to add that this poison method is a last resort issue. EPM in horses, especially when you are responsible for providing boarders with a safe and healthy environment for their horses is a serious issue.  The reason I suggest it is that its safe to use, from my experience so far, around other animals that you want to keep around.