market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Vegetables that deer don't eat

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wyatt Jones" <wyatt_jones AT netzero.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Vegetables that deer don't eat
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 09:17:44 -0400

I see Deer tracks all the time but they don't seem to cause any damage to my crops, the raccoons are a problem now though.  I've asked the people around here, who seem to have similar experience as mine is limited in this area, and they seem to think its because the deer go for all the soybeans around here.

 I trapped out all the little Raccoons, took some doing but I had some help from hurricane Ike when it knocked down all the hollow tree I had, but the big one don't seem to go for the traps.  I don't know if that's because they are smarter or because they won't fit in the traps.  Any suggestion how to rid myself of these walking disasters?  I had a number of groundhogs but the come out in the daytime and I managed to deal with them.  I kept the raccoons at bay till recently but now they have found the sweet corn and you know how that can be.

Information on becoming a Graphic Designer. Click Now!