market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Bt and different kinds

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht AT txcyber.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Bt and different kinds
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 20:37:02 -0500

Greetings,
This summer, we built several bug catchers that work at night, catching moths. The reduction of problems in the garden has been kind of wonderful. The original idea came from an old book by Rodale, Build It Better Yourself. The bug catcher is a box with a light in it and a fan installed on one end, that forces the bugs into a tube [empty coffee can] that has a stocking on it to catch and hold the bugs. Reduction of moths means reduction of worms.
Bright Blessings,
Kim

deberryemail-website AT yahoo.com wrote:
Bill
I am not sure. Most of the moth that I see are white,I see a few light yellow ones, the worms are green about the same color of the Broccoli leaf veins.
I did seem to control all the worms that were present. Probably not much help, sorry.
Charles