market-farming - [Market-farming] Vegetables that deer don't eat

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Erin Bullock <erin.dandelion AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Vegetables that deer don't eat
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 21:57:13 -0400

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for good vegetable crops that deer won't bother.
There is a high deer population on my farm, and I am trying to limit the amount of fencing I need to construct. I am a 4-acre CSA farm in Victor, NY.
Anyone have experience with deer nibbling potatoes, onion/garlic/ leeks, sweet corn, squash, cucumbers, melons, sunflowers?
Thanks!
Erin Bullock