market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Vegetables that deer don't eat

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Bobbett <bobbett AT windstream.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Vegetables that deer don't eat
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 12:17:05 -0400

So we have started using fly bait and coke in a coffee can. They do not get more than fifty feet away before they are dead. It may go against some folks' sensibilities but it works and works well. We have barn cats and farm dogs and they will not go near it. Raccoons love it and it kills them.

Can you tell me how you do this? I don't know what fly bait is. I'm presuming coke is Coca Cola? Do you mix the two or what? Where do you place the cans (what level) and how often?

ty,
Bobbett