market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] website development - linux

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] website development - linux
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 16:07:55 -0600

On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 10:12:20PM -0500, John Ferree wrote:
> i think gnucash is more personal finance. played with it a long time

You might take another look http://www.gnucash.org
Windows versions, too. Disclaimer: I don't know anything about it.

Amusingly, I still use dBase3. Apparently, I started in 1986; I now
have 23 pairs of files, expenses and income for each year. I started
running dBase3 under DRDOS and then set it up to run under dosemu under
Linux and have been running it that way since about 1992. The box
where dBase3 lives is a Caldera OpenLinux, kernel version 2.0.33; it
hasn't been touched in years and only goes down when we have a power
failure. I still telnet into it because ssh was not commonly used
during that era and installing ssh would be a daunting and risky
project. I've thought several times about setting up a more modern
accounting system such as gnucash. But, it's like the website; it's
easier not to change.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime 49 days 10 hours 40 minutes