market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] web sites

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Danielle Conger <danielle.conger AT gmail.com>
  • To: roxann <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] web sites
  • Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 15:48:50 -0500

roxann wrote:
For designing my websites, I use an open source program called Nvu (http://www.nvu.com/) and I like it as much as I liked Front Page, maybe a little more. It's free and easy to learn, and allows you to be as creative as you like, but I don't think it comes with templates if you are wanting that.

I began with Nvu and other editors and they drove me crazy. I eventually splurged for dreamweaver and love it--can't say enough good about it, in fact.

I'm self-taught and prefer to work with templates as someone else mentioned and then tweak them to fit my own needs. My farm site is a basic dreamweaver template, but I liked it because it was clean and fresh looking. I've also purchased templates and used them no problem with the dreamweaver software.

My farm site's here: http://touchtheearthfarm.com

I host it through yahoo and find them very reasonable price wise and easy to deal with. I've never had any problem getting through to the tech support when I've needed it, and the site's never crashed.

--
~~Danielle
Touch the Earth Farm