market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] website development

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] website development
  • Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 09:39:45 -0500

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 19:51:56 -0600, you wrote:

>Regards to the list:
>

>I am so impressed with the beautiful websites the people on this list have
>made.
>

>I went to Homestead.com recently and have a 30-day free trial. Then for $20
>a month they provide the domain name and hosting after the original 30 days
>is up. It isn't near what Caryl's site is and many others, but it is getting
>the message out. You may visit it at www.strawberrylanefarm.com
><http://www.strawberrylanefarm.com/> .

That's an *awfully high* price for website and domain name hosting. We
have used Pair for about ten years now, and we are very happy with them.

They have only been down once (that we know of) in the ten year period and
that was a scheduled outage of a day, while they moved their office and
computers from one location to another. Fast access too.

We pay $4.95/month for web and email hosting. Plus about $18/year for the
domain name (less if we pay for several years at once).

www.pair.com

Pat
-- Northern Pennsylvania

Good planets are hard to find; let's take care of
the one we have.