market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] website development

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: <avalonfarmshomegrown AT earthlink.net>, "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] website development
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 09:51:53 -0500

I recommend Kompozer (free) or using a blog.

For hosting, I am EXTREMELY pleased with
http://www.12wonderwebservices.com/
My satisfaction stems from
1. A person replies to help requests. They have excellent FAQs and
Tutorials, but when those don't work, a person responds.
2. Reliability - to my knowledge, the only downtime was a day, of which we
were forewarned, when they upgraded their servers.
3. They provide free hosting for not-for-profit community organizations,
including my sites for the local Grange and farmers markets, so I want to
support them in return.
4. While GoDaddy only charges $9 for a domain name, 12wonderweb charges $13,
but I am willing to pay that little extra since they support community
organizations. Hosting is $4 to $5/month without a shopping cart.
5. And again, there is a person, a wonderfully patient person, at the other
end of the network.

They do have free web software and templates.

Beth Spaugh
Rehoboth Homestead
Peru NY
http://rhomestead.com

Wendell Berry

"Without power over our food, any notion of democracy is empty." - Francis
Moore Lappe