market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] website development

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Mr Lucky" <steve AT mrlucky.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] website development
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 09:40:33 -0800

I second the rec for http://www.smallfarmcentral.com

I used to work as a web designer and I think if it's something that interests you, you might want to learn Dreamweaver. If it doesn't seem like fun, hire it out. I used to use Quickbooks until it dawned on me I hated it and hired a bookeeper for a few hours a month. She has paid for herself by correcting my mistakes and finding money owed me. If I wanted a great site, I'd hire out.

I think you have to ask yourself, do I want to be a better web designer (or accountant) or a be bettter grower? Why waste your time doing an average job at something that doesn't interest you? And my belief is you can't affford to have a crappy website. I think it's better not to have one at all.

Steve

P.s. We had a lot of web design talk a few years ago. I bet the archives are loaded with opnions and tips.

Rancho Gordo
New World Specialty Food
www.ranchogordo.com