market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] commercial kitchen

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "James H. Corey" <1corey AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: quiltingsue AT earthlink.net, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] commercial kitchen
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 16:53:28 -0500

I am in South Carolina, and producing products in you kitchen without a permit
isn't approved here either. My inspector told me last week that I am not
allowed to sell anything that hasn't been produced in a permitted kitchen, and
that the people who sell brownies, jams etc. at gas stations and so on, are
doing it "illegally", and can be fined. Any food product sold here is
supposed
to be done only in approved, listened kitchens, but then again, they can't
track
down every offender!

I too felt quite overwhelmed when I first received the books of requirements
from the Health Dept., but it turned out to be a lot easier than I thought it
would be.

Pam
Rose Hill Plantation