market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] commercial kitchen

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sue Wells" <quiltingsue AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <creationsoap AT boone.net>, "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] commercial kitchen
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 16:30:53 -0500

I am in Vermont.
I was just curious what a commercial kitchen was like, what it consisted of.
I bake herb breads and sell these at Farmers Markets. I also sell jellies
and pickles. Vermont allows this and I just have to label things well. I am
very careful and I process everything correctly.

I did sell my breads and canning things at Applefest last year, along with a
few other Farmer Market vendors. The health Dept came and questioned me
about my bread, but that was all. I had no problems.

Sue Wells