market-farming - [Market-farming] USDA vs Naturally Grown

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Steve Diver <steved AT ncat.org>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] USDA vs Naturally Grown
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:05:24 -0600

>I didn't look at the recent federal budget cuts, but it is my
>understanding that soon ATTRA will be history. (I don't know if
>someone on this list cares to comment on this.) Best make the most of
>this unbelieveably wonderful program while you can. -Allan

For clarity, ATTRA is fully funded thru FY2006, and
practically for that matter, thru Calendar Year 2006.

The President's Budget for FY2007 tagged zero dollars
for the ATTRA program, so that's the current situation
which people may have heard about in agriculture news.

The House and Senate Agriculture Committees have
the option to ATTRA funds back into the final Agriculture
bill, and thus maintain the sustainable agriculture
information service for farmers and others in commercial
agriculture.

That is what happened last year. Naturally,
grassroots support voiced to Congress is helpful.

The National Campaign for Sustainable Agriculture
is the lead organization keeping track of Congressional
funding for all the federally funded sustainable ag programs.

http://www.sustainableagriculture.net

Best regards,

Steve Diver