market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Surround WP for corn earworm control

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Surround WP for corn earworm control
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 07:33:09 -0400

Hi Martin,

My reaction would be, "the label is the law", period. Any extra-label use of a pesticide, especially on something sold to customers, would seem to be asking for trouble.

My 2-cents worth,

Bill Huhman
South-Central Ohio

Bill - You point is well taken, but, as I understand it, Surround is nothing more than well machine kaolin clay. It is approved for use on fruit surfaces that are actually eaten. It's a safe product. If I were a rich man, I'd go for an unapproved use on an non-consumable portion of a food plant. But, in the law, you are right. -Allan