market-farming - [Market-farming] pigs was CSA newsletters

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Liz Pike <lizpike AT surry.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] pigs was CSA newsletters
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 11:08:21 -0400

Leigh, I just read your newsletter from Aug 20. Ah, the joy of pigs, eh?!?!
I have 2 potbellies who have joyfully taken up residence in my yard sans
fencing (affectionately named Ham & Bacon ; )).

Yesterday, during all the rain from Frances, I looked out under the horse
trailer to see them eating the dishpan of cat food I'd set there to keep it
from getting wet. At first I just glanced and thought oh good, they're all
dry. Then I did a double take when I realized they were ALL dry & eating
together....the pigs, a barred rock cochin rooster (who thinks he's a dog &
herds the pigs everywhere), & the cats & the dogs.

If only I'd had a camera....

Liz

Liz Pike
Liz Pike Equine Services