market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cell phones and you get what you pay for

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cell phones and you get what you pay for
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 10:30:11 -0400

I don't even step into a walmart. I consider most of their merchandise cheap trash. I'm sorry, you get what you pay for. (yes, I'm sure there are a few pearls mixed in with the low quality products, but I don't have the patience to look) and then, I live near a city with more choices. I guess if I lived and farmed on the back side of beyond walmart might look good compared to whatever else is around. But on the other hand, there are enough catalog companies out there that have quality products at reasonable prices. For me, the internet is a much more satisfactory place to shop for quality products than at a discount, lowest bid, cheapest product possible, big box store.

And as far as selling to walmart. I don't knock it if that's the best market available for your plants.