market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cell phones and things related

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cell phones and things related
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 08:13:58 -0400

We hosted Michael Shuman in our Local Food / Local Economy speakers series (www.gardeningforthefuture.com) this past Wednesday. His book GOING LOCAL is an excellent reference for how important local businesses are for local economies and just how much is being foisted onto the taxpayer when 'big boxes' move into an area.

Recommended reading, for sure.

-Allan Balliett
Fresh and Local CSA