market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cell phones and things related

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Steve Sando" <steve AT mrlucky.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cell phones and things related
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 07:47:12 -0700

> Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. Seriously. I'll just go back to
> lurking.

Have I missed some nasty comments? I don't think so. It's just a discussion,
maybe with a little passion. Thanks for bringing it up. It's interesting to
hear both sides, that to me make most sense.

My biggest problem with Walmart is how ugly the experience is. The
architecture is bad, the merchandise has zero style, the lighting is glaring
and lines are long and depressing. The workers seem spent. And there's a
cheap "sizing" smell from the clothes that permeates the store. We don't
have a "super" Walmart here so maybe it's different but there's really not
all that much I would want to buy there.

Having said that, I did price long and hard the EZ Ups and the best price
was Sam's Club. If there were an artesan tent maker in town or even some
competition, I'd consider it but I ended up going to Sam's Club.

Steve