market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Why I can't believe a word out of Dennis Avery's mouth

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Why I can't believe a word out of Dennis Avery's mouth
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 09:33:13 -0600

Thank you Dorene...

I was considering shipping my Dennis Avery/Hudson Institute files to Rick W.
I did a lot of research on them a couple years ago and also on the 20/20
allegations. I think I posted them on this list but it might have been
another one I belonged to at the time.

Was it Lucy Goodman's list? Hmmm.

What I recall is that Avery focused on only part of the e coli data in the
years he was reviewing... organic lettuce is what he targeted. What he
overlooked entirely and what should have been of greater concern is that
most of the e coli problems IDed by the CDC were related to
institutionalized health care and child care. The contaminated lettuce was
never clearly linked to growing practices as I recall. Handling during
picking and processing was the most likely cause.

If I get some free time later I might go find that box of data.

Del Williams