market-farming - [Market-farming] Why Organic is Better and Healthier

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Dave Lilligren" <dave AT lilligren.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Why Organic is Better and Healthier
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 12:07:22 -0600

Hello, Marc:

I appreciate your healthy skepticism. I don't know why the organic folks at
the Missouri Ag show couldn't articulate their answer.

But, anyway, the bottom line to me is that the soil used for organic food is
healthier, which promotes better plant nutrition. The "normal" food today
is so much more nutritiously deficient compared to food raised even 100
years ago under more traditional practices. Food raised in other parts of
the world today, where people still use traditional methods of agriculture,
has been proven to be more nutritious than food raised using modern
conventional methods.

Here's an article, with some scientific basis, to get you started:
http://www.living-foods.com/articles/organicnutritious.html

Peace out,

Dave Lilligren
Sandstone, MN