livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Growing potatoes in the compost pile

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Sharon Gordon" <gordonse@one.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Growing potatoes in the compost pile
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 13:28:13 -0400

> It really gets me when people I know say they won't garden because
> they have little time or space.

See if you can get them to try one square foot gardening bed per person in
their family. That takes very little time and can pretty much give each
person a salad a day during the growing season.

And Laura, what are your water restrictions this year? We might be able to
help you figure out how to maximize things within the restrictions.

Sharon
gordonse@one.net