livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Soil test results

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Ryan Albinger" <ryalbinger@earthlink.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Soil test results
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 11:03:49 -0500

Perhaps Steve Diver can comment on the grower using diluted seawater in
growing hydroponic tomatoes with very good results. (Seawater being the
only input IIRC)

Soil Tests are just that, a snapshot. They give us some more clues than we
see, but not the whole picture. We need to look at the plants, the soil,
and weather to add to that soil test to determine how to proceed. It boils
down to management. In honesty, we will not know how to grow the
healthiest, most productive growth until we do it, and even then, it will
wonder if we can't do better. We can only manage to the best we know how
with all the tools availed to us and proceed from there.