livingontheland - [Livingontheland] making a difference/ selling raw milk

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] making a difference/ selling raw milk
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 11:49:12 -0700

Beautiful! Pretty much our reason for putting our time into all this instead
of issue organizing. Politics is divisive; living on the land is cooperative.
It always amuses me to see people protesting the system with one hand and
feeding it with the other through their lifestyle. Economic depression soon
is the most optimistic scenario, IMHO. I believe positive action to regain
control over the necessities of life, with friends, family, neighbors etc.,
is the best antidote for helplessness.

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net
“If economics is reconceived in the service of community, it will begin
with a concern for agriculture and specifically for the production of food.
This is because a healthy community will be a relatively self-sufficient one.
A community’s dependency on outsiders for its mere survival weakens it. It is
often unable to develop the policies it desires for the sake of its own
members, since its survival depends on terms dictated by others. The most
fundamental requirement for survival is food. Hence, how and where food is
grown is foundational to an economics for community.”
--Herman Daly and John Cobb