livingontheland - [Livingontheland] raising your own milk

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Dianne Palmer-Quay <R_DQuay@compuserve.com>
  • To: "INTERNET:livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] raising your own milk
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 13:04:29 -0500

Carrie,

I am really interested in raising my own goat milk and wonder if you could
direct me to resources to help me figure out if it is financially feasible
to have your own goats with just a backyard operation? The cash flow is so
tight right now that every new venture has to be carefully evaluated.
There are farms with Nubian and Nigerian dwarf goats in the area so I think
I could find animals locally.

Thanks,
Dianne